POSITION TITLE: OFFICER OF COMMUNICATIONS AND DEVELOPMENT
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Director of Philanthropy
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Part-time; minimum 6-month contract with possibility of extension
HOURS OF WORK: 20-30 hours per week; evening and weekends may be required
DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES:
Annual Giving Campaign
- Recruit and support the Annual Campaign Committee to grow the donor base and reach annual fundraising goals.
- Implement donor recognition strategy.
- Train and recruit Ambassadors of Hope to represent the GBCSC in a professional, articulate and accurate manner, while soliciting appropriate gifts from GBCSC donors.
- Update GBCSC website on fundraising events, programming and volunteer opportunities.
- Optimize online social media marketing for all fundraising initiatives, monthly programs and volunteer opportunities to enhance community awareness of all functions of the GBCSC.
- Deliver presentations to the Board of Directors and appropriate committees on plans and activities.
- Participate as a member of the Fundraising Committee
- Work with GBCSC event committees (Cycle Camelot, Strawberry Tea, Painted Pumpkins) to provide administrative support, marketing materials, and secure sponsorship to ensure the success of each fundraising event.
- Ensure that objectives, projects and critical paths for all fundraising events are being met and that fundraising policies are being followed.
- Manage third party events and programs, ensuring they follow GBCSC guidelines, and assist in coordinating when appropriate.
- Create a robust volunteer program for the GBCSC.
- Recruit volunteers from the community to support all administrative, fundraising and day to day support for the Centre.
- Schedule volunteers as required for the various public events and fundraising initiatives.
- Maintain and update database of corporate sponsors, individual donors and foundations.
- Monitor online payment gateway monthly and trouble shoot any technical issues.
- Maintain and update the GBCSC website
- Ensure accurate processing and recording of donor activity in the donor database and provide monthly reports to reconcile with donations in the financial system
- Complete charitable tax receipts for all eligible gifts to the GBCSC monthly.
- Complete administrative tasks that further the operation of the Centre as needed.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Degree or Diploma in Communications, Marketing, or Fundraising is preferred.
- Knowledge of the Donor Bill of Rights and CRA regulations.
- Experience maintaining and cultivating donor relationships.
- Experience successfully organizing fundraising events.
- Knowledge of relevant grant application opportunities at a local, regional, and provincial level.
- Understanding of online marketing and social media tools.
- Experience with online fundraising software would be considered an asset.
- Exceptional communication skills; verbal, written, computer and public speaking.
- Excellent interpersonal and teambuilding skills with a demonstrated capacity to work effectively and compassionately with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrates empathy in a professional manner
- Ability to balance multiple and competing demands with shifting priorities.
Please apply to the attention of: Anna Hartman, Director of Philanthropy at email@example.com
Deadline for Applications: May 31, 2018