Thank you to the generous supporters of the Hope Lives Here Campaign!
George & Sandy Cornell, Janet and John MacIntyre, Howard L. and Nancy Sutherland, Robin Allen, Mr. Norman & Ms. Anita Naumoff, Rob & Val Thomson, Carl Weber, Nicola Tomkins, Andrew Combes, Andre Sanche, Joyce Campbell, Gail Stone, Kevin and Brenda Ellis, Ken & Valerie Steif, Mr. Alan and Ms. Alison Fryer, Cathy Bayles, Karen Morgan, Arlene Thompson, Janet Crane, Ryan Purssell, Isabel Peacock, Rose Miller, Barbara Carson, Lois McQuirter, Owen Harries, Larry Arnold, Ben Cole, Kelly & Peter Graham, Diena Abel, Michael S. Rastin, Ursula Bezzina, Lynda Wolfhard, Fred Hacker, Dean & Elaine Nicholls, Patti DeCarli, Kevin Prins, Michele Gillesby, Dave and Michelle Mink, Mink Insurance, Mark Kowalsky, Kathy Kowalsky, Duane & Nicole Homick, Carol Finlayson, Melissa Page, Steven Beatty, Paul Larmand, Monette Faulkner, William and Sharon Hartman, Mr.Gerard & Mrs. Lana Lyons, Julie Hartman, Rob Marchand Contrsuction Ltd., Kevin & Louise O’Connor, Patricia Hastings, Wyevale United Church Women, Reinhart and Alexandra Weber, Nicolette & Martin Smith, Ellen Hartwick, Arlene Plaxton, Susan Inrig, Norman Draper, Johnson Bayfield Medicine Professional Corporation, C. Maloney Air Conditioning and Refridgeration, Heather and John Gignac, Jack and Debra Walker, Pat nd Ken Lloyd, Midland Firefighters , Anita Dubeau, Susan Leclair, Robert & Peggy Sanderson, Michael and Lise Macrae, OPSEU. The Pathfinder Foundation, Elaine Jones, Mari-Lou Mitchell, Gillian Reynolds, Cathy and Ian Tait, Huronia Optical, Freelance Portfolio, Bonnie MacDonald, Dr. Joell Labrie, Angus Roberston, Lawrence and Anne Hurd, Royal Bank of Canada, Scot and Charlene Lowes, Wayne Schwartz, Cindy Hastings, Penny Brake, Martha Bull, Jim Hawke – TEAM HAWKE REMAX
Lesley and Jaime Tripp
Rob and Michelle Weber
The Georgian Bay Cancer Support Centre is a place of hope and vitality to those living with cancer and their caregivers.
Georgian Bay Cancer Support Centre is a community-based, independent, not-for-profit organization serving the communities of Midland, Penetanguishene, Tiny and Tay municipalities of North Simcoe.
Our services are provided, free of charge, by caring professionals and trained volunteers, to cancer survivors, their families and immediate caregivers. You don’t need a medical referral as no treatments are provided.
We strive to provide meaningful programs and services to our members, to support your physical, social and emotional well-being. Wherever you are on your journey, here you will share hope, build strength and find courage.
Call the Centre to arrange a tour or to drop-in for one of our classes. Programs run at various times during the week.
Georgian Bay Cancer Support Centre will be recognized as the ‘go-to’ source of support, education and motivation for members, family caregivers and volunteers. We will be recognized as a place of hope and vitality for people living with cancer.
To offer emotional and psychological support, education, and information, as a complement to medical treatment for people diagnosed and living with cancer.
“I truly believe the GBCSC has given so many in this community a sense of HOPE. A sense that no matter how terrible the journey is that there is a place that will embrace their fears, soothe their heartache and there will always be someone there to hold their hand and give them a hug.” – M
Using this site
To get the most of your visit to our site, we encourage you to look around:
- WELCOME: Our “Home” page
- NEWS: Our latest news can be found on our blog, including our current activities calendar
- HISTORY OF THE GBCSC: Open since 2011, the GBCSC was built from the vision of one person to serve all cancer survivors in our communities
- MESSAGE FROM OUR FOUNDER: Sandy Cornell tells how hope came to live here
- PROGRAMS AND SERVICES: An overview of our programs and services including a link to the monthly activities calendar
- WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING: Messages from our members, donors and volunteers
- FUNDRAISING EVENTS: Details and links for fundraising events for the GBCSC
- VOLUNTEER: Time on your hands? We can always use enthusiastic volunteers for our fundraising events and for activities at the Centre.
- RESOURCES: Links and references, including articles of interest to our members and the community
- DONATE: The Georgian Bay Cancer Support Centre is solely funded by donations from members of this community. Please consider helping to keep our doors open so we can continue to provide our valuable services. This page will take you to our online donation site. To return here, select “HOME”.
- CONTACT: Where to find us, how to reach us
Charitable Reg. # 840027205 RC 0001
Please visit CRA Charity Listing- Georgian Bay Cancer Support Centre for more information on the GBCSC.